MMC crashes in Exchange 2016 DP

rallingham

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
http
Aside from the issue with the Mail box browser not working I am trying to schedule a backup job from the DP for exchange Scheduling Wizard. I bring up the schedule, give it a name when I hit NEXT it hangs and then crashes. All I get is MMC detected and error.
I can run a backup from the GUI interactively. I can run a backup from a DOS prompt using a command file, but only if I am local on the machine. If I try to schedule the backup from TSM it never runs, complainng about the CAD.
In any case has anyone seen this behaviour from the MMC?

I'll take a stab. The MMC is Windows, the snap-in is TSM. So if the MMC crash, there may be info in the Event Viewer that could help you.

For the CAD failing, check dsmerror.log and dsmwebcl.log for that CAD.

Thanks for the input marclant. I have resolved the issue with the CAD, it was permissions but nothing was showing up in the various log files. So that backup is working. As for the SNAPIN I know the MMC is windows but it is the TSM snapin that hangs. I am wondering if there are issues here as the Mailbox browser no longer works as I noted in another post. That is definitely a MS issue.

Back