Migration Script reports as failed

beansontoast

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am in the process of trying to clean-up some of the alerts generated by some of our scripts

One such alert we receive, is when the Migration script fails, for what I think is where Migration is already running.

A couple of questions -

1) If Migration is already running for any given STG Pool, and the script tries to invoke, is that enough of an issue for the overall script to report as a fail?

(Our Migration script invokes Migrations for a load of STG pools)

For example,

We see this -

ANR2753I (MIGRATION):currently running for the storage pool (SESSION: 55449)

and then -

ANR2752E Scheduled command MIGRATION failed. (SESSION: 55449)

2) Can we modify the script to check for an already running Migration for any given STG Pool

Help appreciated.
I am not a scripter, but happy to have a go!

Thanks

Are you talking about a TSM Script or an external script?

If a TSM Script, it depends if the script is doing any logic or just launching it. If just launching it, then yes it would cause the script to fail.

If you want to add logic to check if it's running, you can follow this: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowl.../t_srv_auto_script_defn_logic_if.html?lang=en

The query you'd use to see if the Migration is running for a given storage pool is. Replace the storage pool name between the %...% with the storage pool you are attempting to run migration on, the name has to be all uppercase like in the example below. Below, it's checking if Migration is running for the pool BACKUPPOOL.
Code:
select * from processes where process='Migration' and Status like '%BACKUPPOOL%'
if(rc_notfound) migrate stg backuppool ...

Top stuff one again Marclant.

On a side-issue, how are you so neatly inserting those boxes?

You can't do it from a quick reply to put the boxes, you need to click "Go Advanced" in the bottom right corner of the reply box. On the toolbar, you will find more buttons. The # is what I used, it's meant to put code. It will ignore symbols that would otherwise be interpreted by the browser, and print them as intended.

It's similar to the quote button, but without formatting. I like the code because it puts the text fixed width, so excellent when pasting outputs, rich text screws up the alignment.

Back