"migrate stgpool" command and MIGDELAY value?

goodboy

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Does "migrate stgpool" command care about MIGDELAY value of the stgpool when running?

Thanks,

yes sure:) it's control the files migeration by this value you can delay the migration of this file by using the MIGDELAY if you need it to stay on the disk pool

So, even if I use "migrate stgpool diskpool lo=0", the file is not migrated if the number of days it stays in the diskpool is not pass the MIGDELAY value.

Thanks for lobna!

However, if you set 'MIGContinue' to yes that will force the migration to continue to the low threshold irrespective of the migration delay. Check your storage pools - I think it is set to yes by default.

-Chris

I have one doubt in this scenario.

Actually we are using Data Domain as VTL and this DD is acting as Disk storage pool and a primary storage pool. I want to keep 14 days data in DD for faster restore and later on i want move the data to tapepool. High mig pct is 0 and low ming pct is 0 Mig delay value is 14 mig continue is NO. But the TSM is not migrating the first day data when i take the backup on 15 day. What might be the problem.

Hi,

It is not migrating because the HIGH MIG PCT is 0 (zero). Check the utilization of the DD storage pool. Migration will only start if the HIGH MIG PCT is reached.

It is not migrating because the HIGH MIG PCT is 0 (zero).
The opposite. It should migrate because the highmig is 0. It would not if higmig was set to 100, unless the pool gets full.

Actually we are using Data Domain as VTL and this DD is acting as Disk storage pool and a primary storage pool. I want to keep 14 days data in DD for faster restore and later on i want move the data to tapepool. High mig pct is 0 and low ming pct is 0 Mig delay value is 14 mig continue is NO. But the TSM is not migrating the first day data when i take the backup on 15 day. What might be the problem.
Can you show:
Code:
q stg [poolname] f=d

Back