Microsoft Clustering steps

joew

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I don't have much experience with clustering. What are the steps to configure Microsoft clustering / test failover on Ba clients? I didn't see it in the Implementation guide or the Concept guide. The concept guide only has a description, but not the steps. All I could find was the following steps. Is this what the test is asking for?

1. Identify the cluster groups to manage

2. Configure the client options file

3. Configure the scheduler service

4. Create a generic service resource for failover

Does anyone know where I can download the TSM admin guide for Windows v5.1 (GC32-0782) or v5.2? I've found the AIX admin guide v5.2, but not the Windows guide.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Joe[/LIST][/LIST]

"Quick Start Guide for TSM 5.2" Appendix E. Configuring and management Clusters

I read this, but there writed about deploying TSM server, about BA clients and MSCS i cant find information.

Sorry for my English )))

One week ago I have tried to pass examination, unfortunately, i have failed. My result - 59 % (((

This question has got to me, but I cannot recollect, that I have answered...

On Tuesday, 29.06, will be new attempt.

Hehe,

I tried it 3 times before getting it right:

first time: 59%, 1 question from passing (grrrrrr)

seccond time: 53%, lots of AIX questions, almost completely different from first try, very hard.

third attempt: 73%, lots of pool sizing questions, some network etc. yay :)

The clustering is pretty easy, but the performance tuning questions on aix got to me, hehe. :grin:

Be prepared for questions on unix procedures, esp. dsmc commands on aix clients/servers.

Good luck on the second attempt.

Hi :)

Izo, thanks for the information.

What at you at the moment of certification was an operational experience with TSM, under what books prepared?

What nuances can be on AIX? I do not see special a difference, except for as files placemenet, storage pools and etc...

(It is necessary to use the online-translator as English I understand, but here to talk I am at a loss)

Tomorrow... :grin:

Hi,

I've been using TSM for approx 6 months. To prepare for the exam I took the STORServer TSM Lvl 1&2 classes (I HIGHLY recommend them), completed several customer installations, read the manuals, studied the suggested topics from this forum along with sample tests v5.1 and v5.2 and I practiced. I took the exam in early June and passed with an 82%.

Here are a few things that I can remember about my test:

All the tips given in this forum were helpful, especially the network speed chart

I had several questions regarding logical / virtual volumes

I had 3-4 questions regarding proper drivers for certain libraries

Study LAN-free benefits / config / troubleshooting

Implementing and sizing solutions had the most questions for me

I hope this helps!

Good Luck!

Joe

Back