• Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to serve you with this high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers you are currently using at ADSM.ORG.
    They support this free flow of information and knowledge exchange service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions
  • Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.

If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.

• Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)

Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

Management Classes

Andrew21210

ADSM.ORG Member
I've been asked to produce a breakdown of what filespaces are being backed up under what management classes on a node by node basis. This is a small TSM server with 62 nodes on it and it's also old and EOS (5.5.6.0 MVS). Is there a sql select or series of selects that I can use to pull this information?

marclant

ADSM.ORG Moderator
You can try:
select distinct node_name,filespace_name,class_name from backups order by node_name,filespace_name,class_name

Keep in mind that objects are bound to management classes, not filespaces. So if you have objects bound to different management classes in a same filespace, that filespace will come out more than once in the output.

Andrew21210

ADSM.ORG Member
You can try:
select distinct node_name,filespace_name,class_name from backups order by node_name,filespace_name,class_name

Keep in mind that objects are bound to management classes, not filespaces. So if you have objects bound to different management classes in a same filespace, that filespace will come out more than once in the output.

Thanks marclant. I think that will bring the servers to its knees. I'm willing to run the select against each node one by one since there aren't that many. How would I modify the select to do that?

Andrew21210

ADSM.ORG Member
Thanks marclant. I think that will bring the servers to its knees. I'm willing to run the select against each node one by one since there aren't that many. How would I modify the select to do that?
EDIT: I forgot to add that they are looking to get amounts of data per file space per management class! Is that even possible?

marclant

ADSM.ORG Moderator
It's not an intense query. It's not doing any counts or math. With "distinct", after it found one iteration, it jumps to the next.

marclant

ADSM.ORG Moderator
EDIT: I forgot to add that they are looking to get amounts of data per file space per management class! Is that even possible?
That will bring your server to it's knees. I don't know the syntax, but you'd need to join the occupancy and the backups table as the management class is in the backups table and the size in the occupancy table.

Andrew21210

ADSM.ORG Member
That will bring your server to it's knees. I don't know the syntax, but you'd need to join the occupancy and the backups table as the management class is in the backups table and the size in the occupancy table.
I can just ballpark it with a "q occ" for each node. At least I can get occupancy for the file space.

Advertise at ADSM.ORG

If you are reading this, so are your potential customer. Advertise at ADSM.ORG right now.

UpCloud high performance VPS at $5/month

Get started with $25 in credits on Cloud Servers. You must use link below to receive the credit. Use the promo to get upto 5 month of FREE Linux VPS.

The Spectrum Protect TLA (Three-Letter Acronym): ISP or something else?

• Every product needs a TLA, Let's call it ISP (IBM Spectrum Protect).

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Keep using TSM for Spectrum Protect.

Votes: 32 58.2%
  • Let's be formal and just say Spectrum Protect

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Other (please comement)

Votes: 5 9.1%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
h3llb0y