Managed Library is not recongized

aofan

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
To all Experts,

I have installed a ITSM Server, v5.2.0.1, running in W2k, SP4. I have setup and created path, library and drivers. Everything is recongized in TSM. However, when I do "q lic", I have as following:

Number of Managed library in use: 0

Number of Managed Library licenses:1

and The TSM compliance of the licensing is Valid. So, I really out of idea what's going on there.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

:confused:

What kind of tape library are you using? According to the help pages:

library.lic

To license a Managed Library. This is required for each library in

the Extended Device category or the Advanced Managed Library

category, that is managed by a Tivoli Storage Manager server.

Additional information on device categories can be found at the

Tivoli Storage Manager Web site:

http://www.tivoli.com/support/storage_mgr/tivolimain.html. Follow

the links to device information.

This seems to imply that certain library are included in the base and don't need the extra library license unless they are classified as an Extended Device or Advanced Managed Library.

Run,

Thank you for responing my post. I have LTO autoloader 3581 (7 slots)with one LTO G1 tape drive.

I had problem with W2K RSM when I installed TSM 5.2.0 server because the conflict between the W2K driver and TSM driver. After the problem resolved, I have added one license for the library. However, I don't see it in use when I do "q lic". Also, I didn't receive any complaints about the library licenses. It brothers me when I query the library. I checked the website. Does it mean I don't need the license for the library since I have a small size library and one tape drive?

:confused:

Thank you

:grin:

I have noticed a similar issue, but with a library within the limit for a managed library.

When investigating I found a note on the Tivoli website that says "For IBM Tivoli Storage Manager version 5.1 and later, to use a library with greater than 3 drives or greater than 40 storage slots, IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Extended Edition is required. "

I.e. if you want to use a managed library you need the Extended Edition, not the Standard Edition (not a separate licence for the library).

Graeme

Back