MANAGE BIG FILE SPACE

tpesselier

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello

I backup many big filespace (volume closed with big file ) , 30-40To by filesapce , with filespace collocation.
For this moment i create one node by filespace , it seem to be better for security and data management,
so if i want to have all filespace on only one node , i have many question :

What it is the maximum capacity for a node?
What is the impact on the agent's performance when this node had 600To backuped data ?
How can I group all these filespaces on a single node?
To finish
what is the best way for you ? one node with all filespace or one node/one filespace ?

Best /

What it is the maximum capacity for a node?
Limited by your storage space.
What is the impact on the agent's performance when this node had 600To backuped data ?
Amount of TB is not important, but if you do incremental backups, the number of objects has a huge impace as it needs to scan all files to determine which changed.
How can I group all these filespaces on a single node?
If you mean you have: NODE1 and FS1, and NODE2 and FS2 and you want to merge it so that both FS1 and FS2 are on Node1, you can't just do it without physically moving the data. Here is the procedure: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21144832
what is the best way for you ? one node with all filespace or one node/one filespace ?
Whatever works best for you. Single node, multiple filespace is easier to manage because it mimics the machine it resides on.

ok thx for your reply ,

If i understand you can only merge one time ? so i have 24 nodes ,24 filespace by node

We will migrate the original data on scale (gpfs) and tsm data on LTO7 i think it will be easier to redo a clean backup with a single node, after the migrations ...

If i understand you can only merge one time ?
No, repeat the procedure one node at a time.
We will migrate the original data on scale (gpfs) and tsm data on LTO7 i think it will be easier to redo a clean backup with a single node, after the migrations ...
Simpler for sure if a clean backup is an option.

Back