Maintenance script errors

Toyens

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Spectrum Protect 8.1.6 on a Windows Server 2012R2.

I have 2 problem with my maintenance script.

First one, I had a Backup Storagepool primary_pool to copy_pool in my script.
I removed it a few months ago and I even deleted the primary_pool.
In the Maintenance screen in the OC, I still see it run every day (in the actlog too).
Usualy, every job in Maintenance scrren has iniator as Command but for this one, it's primary_pool_to_copie_pool.
Why is it still doing the job?

Second one, on monday, added a Archive_Files primary pool.
I added the Backup Storagepool Archive_files to copy_pool.
Since then, I have an error message each morning saying the Backup Storagepool is already running when my Maintence script start.
How could it be running if the script didn't send the command yet?

Thank

You might want to check q script * to see if one of the internal scripts is that maintenance script you deleted.

If its a new pool and you just started backup up to it then the job could still be running from the day before.

I didn't delete a script, just a line in a script about the Backup storagepool. Then a deleted the storagepool itself. Now, I get an error message about the Backup storagepool that failed and the reason it give me is the storagepool is not define.

For the new storagepool, it's still empty so the Backup storagepool is really short. I checked and there is no active task about that. That mean it's starting 2 time every morning but I don't know why. I just have it once in my Maintenance script.

OK, I found the solution to both of my problem at the same place.

It's 2 administrative schedule that I didn' created so I don't know why they exist. One is for the old storagepool that didn't existe anymore and the other one is for the new storagepool. They both start a Backup storagepool. For the old one, the result is the failed error message because storagepool doesn't exist anymore and for the new one, result is when my script try to start the Backup storagepool, it can't because it's already running. They both try to start at almost the same time.

I didn't see them before because I usualy do a "q sched" but this time I did a "q sched * type=administrative"

Thank for your reply Ekaj525.

Any time. Glad you were able to find the problem.

Back