1. Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to maintain high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers.
    They support this free information and knowledge exchange forum service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions

Mailbox level restores via VM Snapshot backups

Discussion in 'Exchange / Outlook' started by ILCattivo, Nov 3, 2017.

1. ILCattivo

ILCattivo ADSM.ORG Senior Member

Apologies if this is deemed a question, please move accordingly..

I believe there is the ability to utilize the Data Protection for Exchange Server software (MMC) and point it to a Data Protection for VMware VM snapshot backup in order to achieve individual mailbox or email level restores.

Currently I am unable to find any such documentation as to how I go about installing this from scratch and setting this up? I have seen YouTube video's regarding this subject but these appear to already have the modules required in place and pre-configured when the demonstration is shown.

Can anyone point me in the direction of where I can find such installation/configuration documentation or has anyone produced something like this which they are currently running and would be kind enough to share on here please?

Many thanks

3. ILCattivo

ILCattivo ADSM.ORG Senior Member