1. Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to maintain high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers.
    They support this free information and knowledge exchange forum service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions

Mailbox level restores via VM Snapshot backups

Discussion in 'Exchange / Outlook' started by ILCattivo, Nov 3, 2017.

1. ILCattivo

ILCattivo ADSM.ORG Member

Apologies if this is deemed a question, please move accordingly..

I believe there is the ability to utilize the Data Protection for Exchange Server software (MMC) and point it to a Data Protection for VMware VM snapshot backup in order to achieve individual mailbox or email level restores.

Currently I am unable to find any such documentation as to how I go about installing this from scratch and setting this up? I have seen YouTube video's regarding this subject but these appear to already have the modules required in place and pre-configured when the demonstration is shown.

Can anyone point me in the direction of where I can find such installation/configuration documentation or has anyone produced something like this which they are currently running and would be kind enough to share on here please?

Many thanks