Magstar 3575-L06 - EMPTY tapes "mountablenotinlib", cannot delete volume/reclaim

gweston

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
http
I have a Magstar 3575-L06 and am running TSM 4.2.3.1.

I have a bunch of EMPTY tapes that are "mountablenotinlib", and I cannot delete the volumes or reclaim. If I put them in the library, they are never reclaimed. Anyone know what the deal is with this? I'd like to make these tapes scratch so I can use them again. Kind of a waste to let them sit there going unused.

If these cannot be reclaimed, is there a reason why? You'd figure an administrator should be able to forcefully delete any volume from the system should he/she wants to. Why do they get in this state to begin with?

Thanks ahead of time,

Gary.

You will need to use the move media command change thel wherestate to mountableinlib. This should delete the volume records for reuse.

putergal

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>I have a Magstar 3575-L06 and am running TSM 4.2.3.1.

I have a bunch of EMPTY tapes that are "mountablenotinlib", and I cannot delete the volumes or reclaim. If I put them in the library, they are never reclaimed. Anyone know what the deal is with this? I'd like to make these tapes scratch so I can use them again. Kind of a waste to let them sit there going unused.

If these cannot be reclaimed, is there a reason why? You'd figure an administrator should be able to forcefully delete any volume from the system should he/she wants to. Why do they get in this state to begin with?

Thanks ahead of time,

Gary.</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Back