1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

Looking for work

Discussion in 'Storage Management Jobs' started by chad_small, Jun 17, 2010.

1. chad_small

chad_small Moderator

AIX/SAN/TSM
    So I was laid off last week (replaced by cheaper labor overseas) and now in applying for various positions I figured I'd see what others are experiencing. So what is the employment scene like? How long did it take some of you to find work? With the economy like it is what was the reduction in pay, if any? Thought it couldn't hurt to see what others have run into.

Chad Small :confused:

3. moon-buddy

moon-buddy Moderator

Electronics Engineer, Security Professional
    Sorry to hear about your work.

How are you receptive about relocating? There was a posting yesterday for Columbus, Ohio (I know, winter sets in Ohio!).

4. chad_small

chad_small Moderator

AIX/SAN/TSM
    Ed

I'm open to relocating but the problem is my child custody. I'm a divorced dad of 4 and I'd have to give up custody of my kids to move anywhere. I can't do that, they are the only family I have. It would kill me to be away from them. So I'm kind of stuck. I can travel and have offered to go onsite at least a week a month but most companies have not discovered the benefit of telecommuting yet.

Chad

5. raj2989

raj2989 New Member

Chad sad to hear that

wasn't company keen to keep you onboard even though company outsourced work
    i have seen the company who looks expertise or giving them a chance to degrade salary a little

Raju

6. dms19

dms19 New Member

TSM Admin
    Chad, whats your SAN background like? Shoot me a PM

7. samcrime786

samcrime786 New Member

Hi,
    If you looking for work,you can applying for various positions.First Create Your Profile and Free Registration.you can Get work from global clients.

_____________________________________________________________________________
    Earn an Extra $1000 to $1200 per month doing Part Time Data Entry Jobs! Work from home data entry jobs to post simple data submissions on Internet. Make $1 per entry. Easy form filling, data entry and ad posting jobs. No selling, No phone calls, No Marketing. No Investment. Bi-weekly payments. Full Training Provided. Pls visit: Data-Entry

: Jobs, tsm, tsm jobs