logarchmeth1???

Johnny Watson

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Is the only way to get db2 logs to backup to disk instead of tape, to change the mgmtclass to send archive data to a disk pool rather than tape pool?

Is logarchmeth1 the only way to backup db2 logs?

The DBAs and I are about to come to blows over this one.

Hi,

Aye, logarchmeth1/2 are used to bind logs to a different mgmt class to the main DB2 backups. Actually there are a couple of techniques to rebind them, but that's as valid as any. If you want a purely TSM approach to binding the logs to a different mgmt class (and therefore a different stgpool) you can construct inclexcl patterns that match the logs. If even had some joy (as I recall) in server-side cloptset based inclexcl statements binding DB2 data.

I'd paste some in for you, but unfortunately don't have any DB2 data at my current site and can't remember the pattern...check out the hl_name and ll_name from stored data in your TSM server and you should be able to make a stab at what you need.

Cheers,

Tony

EDIT: Sorry didn't answer one of your questions...yep, the only way to send data to two different stgpools within a policy domain (i.e. for a node) is to use 2 copygroups, i.e. two mgmt classes...

Last edited:
Back