1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

Lock Down Restore Capabilities

Discussion in 'Restore / Recovery Discussion' started by chad_small, May 2, 2012.

1. chad_small

chad_small Moderator

AIX/SAN/TSM
    So TSM will allow anyone who has access to the command-line or GUI to restore data they have permission. I need a way to lock down restore functionality to only the TSM admins. So I'm thinking it's going to come down to the file permissions not allowing the GUI or command-line to be executed unless by the TSM backup group. If you have had to do something similar to this, what steps did you take?

3. bbeaulieu

bbeaulieu New Member

That's a good question. How do large companies with server groups, backup groups, application groups all get along with TSM?

4. chad_small

chad_small Moderator

AIX/SAN/TSM
    The only way I've found is by using the session initiation setting on the TSM server. This would only allow the TSM server to initiate session so theoretically only even a restore should fail unless initiated from the TSM server.