List nodes not in collocgroup?

kfiresmith

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hello,
Does anyone have a SQL select handy to look for Nodes in a domain that aren't collocated? I searched here and on thobias.org and came up empty-handed.
Thanks everyone!
- Kodiak

PREDATAR Control23

THANKS! Worked perfectly. I just had to figure out that it wants the domain exactly, it's case sensitive!

- Kodiak

I turned this into a script, if anyone else is interested in keeping on top of collocation membership in an automated way:

Put this directive into a script named something like: find-nocollocg
Code:
select NODE_NAME from NODES where COLLOCGROUP_NAME is null and DOMAIN_NAME='$1'
Then all you have to do is run the script, which takes the domain name as a variable afterward, ie:
run find-nocollocg WINDOWS

Anyone have any tricky bash scripting skills that can make this only echo results if there are matches?

Last edited:
PREDATAR Control23

THANKS! Worked perfectly. I just had to figure out that it wants the domain exactly, it's case sensitive!

- Kodiak

I turned this into a script, if anyone else is interested in keeping on top of collocation membership in an automated way:

Put this directive into a script named something like: find-nocollocg
Code:
select NODE_NAME from NODES where COLLOCGROUP_NAME is null and DOMAIN_NAME='$1'
Then all you have to do is run the script, which takes the domain name as a variable afterward, ie:
run find-nocollocg WINDOWS

Anyone have any tricky bash scripting skills that can make this only echo results if there are matches?

--You have to start with
dsmadmc -dataonly=yes

Last edited:
PREDATAR Control23

I prepared a string for check number of nodes in every colloc group in order to later on
run
# def collocmember (to group with less number of nodes)

Code:
select distinct collocgroup_name, count(node_name) AS NUMBER from collocgroup GROUP BY collocgroup_name ORDER BY NUMBER

group with less number of membernodes go on top :)

Last edited: