1. Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to maintain high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers.
    They support this free information and knowledge exchange forum service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions

Linux/Unix GUI restores post 8.1.2

Discussion in 'Restore / Recovery Discussion' started by TykneeTym, Oct 12, 2017.

1. TykneeTym

TykneeTym ADSM.ORG Member

I've used TSM a lot in the past, but I'm just now setting up a new TSM environment after a couple years of being away from it.

I installed a version 8.1.3 system (utilizing the 8.1.2 linux client because I didn't see a 8.1.3 linux client). I was surprised to get a message that the Web GUI is no longer supported
    https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSEQVQ_8.1.2/client/c_bac_webclient_deprecate.html

Basically it says to use the Java client (dsmj) instead. I decided to try this with X11 forwarding to see if that would work. I got xclock working, but dsmj doesn't ever fully open. What I get is a blank grey Xming window on my desktop with a "loading" icon.

Anyone successfully using dsmj with X11 forwarding?

3. RecoveryOne

RecoveryOne ADSM.ORG Member

I have 8.1.2.0 on CentOS 7.3. Able to use ssh -Y <[email protected]> and then run dsmj. Comes up just fine. Using SWAN running on a Windows Server 2012 as the ssh client.
    Are you using untrusted or trusted forwarding?