Linux backup fails as per schedule : access to the object is denied

CharlieTSM

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hello friends,

I have a Linux client that is unable to backup all files as per schedule,

Some examples here:
01/19/2023 19:01:11 ANS4007E Error processing '/home/in002sl9': access to the object is denied
01/19/2023 19:01:11 ANS4007E Error processing '/usr/sap/BP2/SYS': access to the object is denied
01/19/2023 19:01:11 ANS4007E Error processing '/var/cache/ldconfig': access to the object is denied

If I run and INCR manually on the client, it runs perfectly with no errors.

I have read a lot of things from using the Skipmigrated variable to restart rpc binding service, but nothing seems to work

I would appreciate if someone have a clue of what is going on here.

Thanks

PREDATAR Control23

How are we starting the schedule daemon?
Is the schedule daemon started as a non-root user?
If the manual backup start and complete without any issues, start the schedule daemon with this user id and then monitor the schedule backup.

Good Luck,
Sias

PREDATAR Control23

When I encounter -
ANS4007E Error processing <file_name>: access to the object is denied.

1) The user running the backup is not root.
- The schedule daemon is started as root.
- We were able to backup the files as a non-root user.
- As a test, start the schedule daemon as the non root user that completed the manual backup.

2) There is an ACL added to the file that explicitly denies the user running the backup access to the file - note this CAN be applicable to root as well.

3) There is damage on the filesystem.
- I do not suspect an issue with the filesystem.
- If this was the case, the manual backup would encounter the same issue.
- If possible, issue issue fsck. NOTE: Before you can run a disk check with fsck, you need to unmount a disk or partition. If you try to run fsck on a mounted disk or partition, you will get a warning.

4) The application have a lock on file and being use at the time of the schedule backup.
-Set up a test schedule and run the backup at a different time to see if the issue follow.

Since your able to see the full messages, not if we are receiving any other messages leading up to the ANS4007E. Not sure if you found the following techdoc.

Good Luck,
Sias