License version needed for personal TSM training lab

macker

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi,

I've worked TSM versions 5.0,5.5 and 6.1 in previous places of contract. I'm like to start learning the technology again however it doesn't look like IBM have trial versions of the TSM software. I've decided that I'm more than likely going to have to buy an IBM Passport Advantage subscription in order to get access. I'm going to be running one TSM instance and one or two servers with BA installed. Do you know I'm the correct license I should purchase? I'm assuming it's IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for System Backup and Recovery 10 Processor Value Units (PVUs) License + SW Subscription & Support 12 Months (D56FSLL). This will be for a personal training lab.

It's been a while since I've used TSM so I'm trying to get back on the saddle and I'm not up to speed regarding the licenses. However obvious the choices look I need to be sure. Can you please help? I'm assuming the choice is IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for System Backup and Recovery 10 Processor Value Units (PVUs) License + SW Subscription & Support 12 Months (D56FSLL)

https://www-112.ibm.com/software/ho...CC=USA&VP=&TACTICS=&S_TACT=&S_CMP=&brand=SB04

Hi, download from ftp://service.boulder.ibm.com/storage/tivoli-storage-management/patches/server/
the patches and maintenance releases available here is fully functionla but will stop working after 30 days (or something). There is no separate demo version, have never been.
I alsways use the patch directory when doing trining and POC at customers.

Back