libgpfs.so: cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory ....

tstrauch

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I've been installing and running the TSM 5.3.4 client on a number of my SuSE 9 SP 3 boxes without problems. However, on the last three servers, I cann't get TSM to start, nore can I get dsmc to load. When I attempt to load dsmc the following error is returned:

dsmc: error while loading shared libraries: libgpfs.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have a script I use to install the software, so it is always installed the same way. I use all the defaults except for the location of the log files, which is set in the dsm.sys file. I have verified that the above mentioned file exists, is the correct location and has the correct permissions. It's almost like the search path for the application has changed, but I don't know where to look. Any thoughts?

Hi,

libgpfs.so file is part of TIVsm-API package - so IMHO something got wrong during installation of this package (ldconfig was not run?)

Try to add the directory the file is in (/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin by default or should be in /usr/lib/libgpfs.so ) to /etc/ld.so.conf (hope the file is the same on SuSE distros) and run ldconfig to register the library correctly

Hope it helps and let me know

Harry

Back