Lanfree backup failing for OS backup

sus

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi,

My OS backup & file system backup is crashing with the lanfree path.

But my TDP backup is working fine, is there any problem in OS backup/filesystem via lanfree.

Hi SUS,

i would like to verify if you are running a BA client for OS backup and a TDP in a single machine. if so, could you check the TCPPORT that you are using,..if you are using a TDP change the port of your dsmsta.opt file to 1502 instead of 1500. also check if the LANfree backup on the BAclient settings is enabled,

Tell me how it goes

Hi

Does the mgmtclass/copygroup for the OS/filesystem backup point to a tape device class/storage pool.?
You can't do lanfree to a disk storage pool.

Why do you want to send your OS and filesystem lan-free? In my experience LAN Free is not very beneficial for that type of data.

Cheers

I have some doubt in configuring the Lanfree clients.

Is it required to detect the TSM tape drive & library from the host.

My problem is i can see only the drives from my host no library is been detected by the host. I feel some prob with the zoning.I want to understand for the lanfree backup tape library also has to be detected in the host level or only drives required to be visible by the host.

Hi

Only the drives need to be visible from the host. What OS is this host ?
What type of drives are they?
Have you read the TSM for Storage Area Networks manual, everything is explained in there.

Cheers

To the original post:

If you don't post errors or useful information, you're going to continue to get strange or incomplete answers like some of the ones you already got.

Backups don't "crash". Programs do. Show us errors, then maybe we can help.

Back