Jr backups admin seeking advice

kfiresmith

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

OK, so to preface this, I've *definately* posted this thread in the "wrong subforum", because there really isn't a subforum here for what I'm about to ask. I'm asking here on ADSM because I've always gotten great TSM advice here, and suspect that there are a lot of multi-focus IT'ers on here that might be able to lead me in the right direction.

I'm a general IT guy who's luckily been able to do some TSM work in the past, and I'd like to continue to do so, but TSM is just one field of many job descriptions out there for backups/ops people.

I'd like to familiarize myself with two core areas of operations IT stuff that I'm finding in many job descriptions, that I have *no* experience with currently:

• VMWare ESX
  • Datacenter operations (electricity, cooling, planning, etc)
VMWare has been pretty easy to find current books on since it's so hot right now, but I'm surprisingly having trouble finding current, introductory-style books about datacenter management.

Does anyone have any recommendations for specific hard-copy books on amazon?

Thanks so much!
- Kodiak

PREDATAR Control23

• Datacenter operations (electricity, cooling, planning, etc)

... but I'm surprisingly having trouble finding current, introductory-style books about data center management.

Does anyone have any recommendations for specific hard-copy books on amazon?

Thanks so much!
- Kodiak

Data Center Operations management is not a straightforward thing to do. There were books out there in the 90's about it but circulation has been limited to a selected few.

I have one such book.

I am fortunate enough to have Data Center theoretical (Professional and formal Education as an Engineer) and practical experience.

Try looking for Data Center management books from Amazon or IEEE.

Last edited: