ITSM for Mail Domino Licensing error

aofan

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
PREDATAR Control23

TSM 5.2 server on w2k box

TDP for Domino(ITSM for Mail - Domino) 5.1.5 and backup/archive client 5.1.6.6 on Win NT

I have two backup schedules for TDP Domino 5.1.5

Selective backup daily. (Since I only one database need to back up daily)

Incremental backup weekily.

Both schedules are running okay.

However, TSM 5.2 shows a error of "Server License is NOT Compliance" that requires two licenses on TDP Domino instead of one. I only have one Domino server in this environment.

I could not pull any information on-line regarding to this issue.

Any one have hints or clue on this issue?

Thank you in advance.

PS. I tried "audit License" and still have two domino licenses in use.

:confused:

PREDATAR Control23

Updates on this error:

Reboot both TSM Server, v. 5.2.0.1 and Domino Server and TDP. I still have the wrong information. However, I found that I have two domino licenses under these two nodes:

TSM Client Node: node1

TDP Client Node: node1_ld

They are the same server with different nodename. How can I correct that?

Thank you in advance

:confused:

PREDATAR Control23

I read somewhere that if I don't use the node to make the Domino data, it should be expired. However, it is over a month and I still have two domino licenses. I tried "aduit license" and still got two.

Is there any other ways to audit prcisely or method to corret the problem?

Thank you,

:cry:

PREDATAR Control23

Hi,

If you issue "query license" from the TSM Server, what do see for number of TDP Domino nodes "licensed" versus "in use".

The number "licensed" is what you specified with the "register license" command. If this number is incorrect, issue the "register license" command again with the appropriate number.

i.e. reg lic file(domino.lic) number=1

The number "in use" specifies just that... the number of node [names] in use on the TSM server. If this is incorrect, then verify which nodes have Domino data backed up (i.e. one method to accomplish this would be: "q fi" from the TSM server. Then look for the nodes with filespaces such as servername.DOMLOG). If you have nodes with Domino data that were not suppose to, then this may be why TSM still sees that node "in use" when it comes to licensing. If you truly do not need those filespaces, then try deleting them [that you don't need] - it likely won't update the "in use" value immediately... but it might explain why waiting a month didn't clear the value.

--Brian

PREDATAR Control23

Brian,

Thank you for replying my post.

I have licenses 2 for Lotus Domino, 2 for licenses in Use for Lotus Domino.

As you mentioned, I deleted the Domino database, resided on the wrong client node, while ago and waited for expiration of the license. It doesn't seen to expired. I will double check and post the results. I am thinking that I probably didn't delete the data clean enought from that node.

Thank you

:grin:

PREDATAR Control23

Brian,

Thank you for replying my post.

I have licenses 2 for Lotus Domino, 2 for licenses in Use for Lotus Domino.

As you mentioned, I deleted the Domino database, resided on the wrong client node, while ago and waited for expiration of the license. It doesn't seen to expired. I will double check and post the results. I am thinking that I probably didn't delete the data clean enought from that node.

Thank you

:grin: