Issue backing up DB2 DB's

jamesmacd40

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi all

having a bit of an issue trying to get a TSM scheduled backup of DB2 databases to run properly.

I have a schedule set up in TSM tied to the DB2 nodename the schedule action is CMD and the schedule runs the following script

"su - db2inst1 -c /home/db2inst1/tsm/db2_full_backup.ksh"

I am able to manually run the script from the host using both root, and if i su into the db2inst1, i can run it (minus the su -db2inst1)

however, when I try to get it to run on a schedule, i keep getting the message that the schedule failed (return node 127)

I am not sure why it is not running .

The only major thing that changed, was the db2 client was pointed to a new TSM server, i have modifed the opt and sys files, stored the password, everything looks ok. the only thing that has not been done, and not sure if i need to is a db2stop and db2start

the environment variables look ok, ie, the dsmi_config, dsmi_log and dsmi_dir are there.

any ideas?

figured it out... when i created the schedule in the OC, it puts double quotes around the command to run

went into the cli and updated the schedule without double quotes and it launched from the scheduler ok..

Reactions: MNI
Back