Isc

tsmlover

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
hello i have installed ISC with Admin center 6.1 on AIX server i was running successfuly but when i restart the AIX server it stop responding

https://10.254.166.217:9043/ibm/console/

plzz tell me why its not working after rebooting my server ?

Hi, I might be able to help you.

have you run the following? if so look at the /etc/inittab file and see if there is a entry for the ISC.

Automatically starting the Administration Center
Complete several steps so that the Administration Center automatically starts.
To enable the automatic start during system startup of the Administration Center
WebSphere server, perform the following steps:
1. Log in with the root user ID.
2. Change to the install_directory/AC/products/tsm/bin directory.
3. Run the following script:
setTSMUnixLinks.sh
The symbolic links that will allow the WebSphere server to restart after the system
is rebooted are now set.
Before uninstalling the Administration Center, ensure that you remove the
WebSphere server automatic-restart. Complete the following steps:
1. Log in with the root user ID.
2. Change to the install_directory/AC/products/tsm/bin directory.
3. Run the following script:
setTSMUnixLinks.sh uninstall

Best regards,
Bob...

got it its working now :)

thx rvillano, tell me one thing , on windows when we install TSM code it gives Administrative console where we can start monitor to see every single task of tsm real time... that is a very good tool to monitor real time tsm operations..

TSM on AIX is there such type of thing ?

Hi,

For more information about starting the Admin Center after reboot, here is the docs from the online information center.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoc...ibm.itsm.srv.install.doc/t_ac_auto_start.html

When you start the TSM server in the foreground on Windows you will see the server console and will be able to see all activity being logged. You can start a "console" like session using the admin client (dsmadmc). Use the "-console" flag to receive console events. For example:

dsmadmc -id admin -tcps server -tcpport 1500 -console

The other option is to see how you are starting dsmserv. This is probably being done in /etc/inittab. Chances are there is a stanza in there referencing dsmserv and piping the console output to /dev/console.

Back