ISC password cannot contain special characters

schmeckendeugler

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
This concerns Integrated Services Console version 6.0.1 + TSM admin center 5.4.0

I would like to relate a problem that set me back a month in getting TSM set up. I even contacted IBM on it, who ultimately only gave me clues toward the final solution.

When installing the Integrated Services Console, the admin password you specify may NOT CONTAIN SPECIAL CHARACTERS. (!, @, #, $, %, etc.)

If you do try to use any special characters in your ISC Admin password, you will not receive an error message; the installation will simply fail. You must look in one log file, which references another log file, that merely indicates that your password did not meet the requirements.

If I can prevent even one person from accidentally stumbling into this tar pit, I've done my job. :)

If anybody finds this not to be true, I will have to shrug and say, "Oh well."

Hi,

Thanks for this information.

I would like to know whether the node passwords accept special characters or not?

thanks
kiran gali

Hi kirangali

I tried setting special character as password for the client node and it is not accepting.I am getting a error "One or more errors were encountered in the form. Adjust any fields marked in error."

Aroon

Back