Is there a way to delete TSM node or nodes from db2?

I guess you could go at it a different route.

Use MOVE NODEDATA to move all the data for that node to a single set of volumes with no other nodes. Then delete those volumes with discarddata=yes. Youwill probably have to put all the private volumes to read-only so that the data goes to scratch instead of an existing volume other nodes, unless you have an empty pool you can send it to.

I guess you could go at it a different route.

Use MOVE NODEDATA to move all the data for that node to a single set of volumes with no other nodes. Then delete those volumes with discarddata=yes. Youwill probably have to put all the private volumes to read-only so that the data goes to scratch instead of an existing volume other nodes, unless you have an empty pool you can send it to.

Marc,

I got your private e-mail. Thanks.

TSM version is 6.3.5.1 and that is why I can't go that route.

Anyways, this is a trivial matter for which I will just decommission the TSM server and delete the BFS files manually. I don't have any use for the TSM server after Feb 28.

Started a filespace delete 5 days ago and see what it is saying now!

Code:
Process      Process Description      Process Status
  Number
--------     --------------------     -------------------------------------------------
       8     DELETE FILESPACE         Deleting file space * (fsId=1) (backup/archive
                                       data) for node NODENAME: -1812125745 objects
                                       deleted.
I have never seen any TSM server deleting negative objects!

Back