Is there a SecureCRT emulator to duplicate the windows command line dsmadmc functions

Glenn

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello. I have a very unusual question related to setting up SecureCRT emulation to get the most out of my dsmadmc connection experience. Up until now, I've been using the Windows Command Line (formerly known as DOS) based dsmadmc.exe to connect to each of the 17 TSM servers I have to monitor daily (mainly because I still can't stand the ISC). Unfortunately, my department is now being forced to switch to Linux based laptops with Virtual Windows emulation, and we're being told to use Secure-CRT for connecting to our servers instead of the Windows command line. But it seems that no matter which combination of emulators and key mappings I try in S-CRT, I can't duplicate ANY of the following features I'm used to enjoying with the Windows dsmadmc command line:

1) The ability to copy in columns instead of just line by line (comes in handy for checking groups of tapes in or out).

2) The ability to copy using mouse highlight and enter, and to paste using the mouse to right-click.

3) The ability to make "insert" the default editing mode instead of "replace" (this one REALLY drives me nuts).

4) The ability to use the home key to go to the beginning of a line and the end key to go to the end of a line when editing a command.

5) The ability to use scaled raster fonts (i.e. terminal font with 8x12 pixel size) -- This one is a really minor complaint and is nowhere NEAR as critical as the other 4 features I want.

Does anyone know of a way to set up a Secure-CRT session to do ALL of the above (or at least 1 through 4)? Perhaps a "cmd.exe emulator" package? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi Glenn, you can use the Facilitator from Zockinger.com. All of your listed features are implemented in this tool.

Have fun .

cheers Ugur

Facilitator

Thanks for letting me know about that product. It's a little busy and confusing at first, and I wish there was a "maximize" option for the main text connection to each TSM server, but it looks promising so far.

- Glenn

Hi Glenn, you can use the Facilitator from Zockinger.com. All of your listed features are implemented in this tool.

Have fun .

cheers Ugur

Back