Is logging errors to NT Event Log possible?

MoeJoe

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi all

As the subject says, is it possible to enable the TSM client to write all of the events that occur in the dsmerror.log file to the NT Event Log somehow?

I've found a few forum posts around with people complaining about TSM flooding their event logs, but no resolutions or indications on how to enable/disable this logging. So far, the only official documentation I've found only mentions the TSM server, which isn't relevant.

Optimally I would like to know if it can be enabled with an option in the dsm.opt file.

Thanks!

The TSM services (scheduler, CAD, journal) do already log to the Event Viewer under the Application log. You can filter on AdsmClientService. It will log when one of those service starts, stops, in the case of a schedule when it starts and ends the schedule, and errors.
upload_2017-1-24_11-16-41.png

Event logging is on by default, you can disable it when creating or updating a scheduler service. Or you can re-enable it if it has been disabled.
upload_2017-1-24_11-32-9.png

More info: http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSGSG7_7.1.6/client/c_sched_displcomp.html

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-24_11-28-48.png
    upload_2017-1-24_11-28-48.png
    73.1 KB · Views: 2
Back