f4ts0

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pexim.net
PREDATAR Control23

Hi,

Situation is as follows :

I have to set up TSM environment at clients location (few sql servers, few domino servers, normal clients, SAN clients)

Unfortunately, there has been some licensing problems, so client still doesnt have complete licences (few TDP SQL licences missing)

Can i set up TSM without licences, and afterwards just register licences and continue working. Client will get licences, but it is necessary to set up TSM environment asap.

Tnx in advance

PREDATAR Control23

I *think* it'll continue working but it will soil your activity log with licensing overrun messages.

PREDATAR Control23

Hi,

Situation is as follows :

I have to set up TSM environment at clients location (few sql servers, few domino servers, normal clients, SAN clients)

Unfortunately, there has been some licensing problems, so client still doesnt have complete licences (few TDP SQL licences missing)

Can i set up TSM without licences, and afterwards just register licences and continue working. Client will get licences, but it is necessary to set up TSM environment asap.

Tnx in advance

Normally, if you purchased and downloaded TSM via IBM Passport Advantage the license comes with the software. It's best to have the client purchase/register for the license/s as it will allows you to obtain the latest version, etc.

PREDATAR Control23

Software has been purchased via local IBM office.
As i said, issue is about missing/incomplete licences, so idea is to set up working evironment with existing licences (including sql Tdp that we lack licences) and to add livences afterwards :)