Installing new client nodes - Always have problems

TSMJay

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hello everyone.

I always seem to have issue when I install a new client nodes to TSM.

I am running Windows 2000 servers and installing TSM 5.2.2.5. TSM server is 5.2.2.5.

From the client node GUI I can connect to the TSM server and run manual backups and restores no problem.

I have gone through the Wizards and the scheduler service is installed and client acceptor.

When I associate a schedule to that node the schedule just misses.

This happens with everu new node I create. To fix the issue all I do is go through the wizards a couple of times and eventually the services work and schedules are all fine.

How can I trouble shoot these issues?

I need to be able to reliably setup additional nodes.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

TSMJay

In the activity log I receieve this message:

ANR8214E Session open with apkfiautodspp2.ap.pm.com failed due to connection refusal. (SESSION: 99)

If I start the Central Scheduler service manually the backup kicks off and all works fine.

I have reset the passwords on the TSM server and the client and still have problems.

I have gone through the wizard a number of times but I cannot get the scheduler to start VIA the ACCEPTOR.

Please Help!

are you sur the password is Synchro with your Scheduler service.

you when you create a sheduler service on the node you have spécify the node password.

have a look, and let see

I received that message in instances where the LLA in my node definition did not match the 'prompted' schedule mode tcp/ip port information on the client side. I made them both 1501, and wala! In my scenario, though, I was not using the CAD to manage the scheduler service. Hope this helps.

I think i have sorted the issue. I found the orginal doco that was created by the team that implemented TSM.

There are system variables and a path that needs to be set in windows. This looks like the only diferrence with what I was doing.

Once I did this the schedules just started to work.

The strange thing is I have setup clients in the past and sometimes have this problem and sometimes don't. I think because Windows 2003 Server doesn't require the path to be set or something like that.

Anyway thanks everyone for your help.

Back