Installation Successful... no data being collected?

wernercd

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
pFpFzTy.jpg

I have Tivoli Monitoring 6.3 installed on Windows Server. As far as I can tell everything is green, connected and communicating as intended.

The problem I'm having is that although stuff is connected, it doesn't seem as if anything is being put into the Data Warehouse.

Is there a step I'm missing to kick start collecting stuff, because I've read through the install pdf a couple times now and I'm just not seeing it...

Finally found the missing link: tacmd hist~ commands. I though the listed items in the History configuration box in TEPS were set and going... but it's not apparently how to do that in the GUI (at least it didn't/doesn't make sense to me via the GUI)

https://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSTFXA_6.3.0/com.ibm.itm.doc_6.3/cmdref/histconfiggroups.htm#histconfiggroups

tacmd.exe histconfiguregroups ...
tacmd.exe histstartcollection ...​

Edit: I had already fixed all the glaring issues (Compatibility mode to install first set of programs, 64 vs 32 ODBC connections, TEPS connectivity, proxy issue, etc). Everything was green, I had data in TEPS (I could see server errors, issues, etc) but the data warehouse was empty. It came down to using TACMD to configure/start the history collection - since I didn't find the comparable parts in the GUI.

Decision tree that ultimately helped me figure out that it was "history configuration" that I needed to focus on was this diagram

I forgot about that diagram. Yes it helps a lot, it's a very complex process, so it really helps to see how the data flows.

Back