1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

Incorrect Node registered for Cluster

Discussion in 'TSM Client' started by csops, Nov 17, 2009.

1. csops

csops New Member

Hi,

I registered a Cluster Node (Windows 2003) today to back up 2 cluster volumes. During the testing I was having difficulty logging into the WebClient. It wouldn't accept the password. Upon further inspection I noticed when I did a dsmc query session against the cluster dsm.opt file it would return the Node name of the active node of the cluster rather than the cluster name registered.

I have separate Schedule/CAD and Remote Agent services installed for local node and cluster.

The opt file has the correct node name and is registered in TSM properly.

Eg: Cluster Node = PRINTN2 and the Cluster Name = PRINTCL. This is what the dsm.opt contains and registered in TSM.

I installed the services correctly using the dsmcutil commands. I am only using the CAD for the webclient and everything seems to be installed correctly.

During troubleshooting I removed all the services and reinstalled, but alas no joy. I didn't delete the reg keys yet. I was thinking of removing the schedules for the local node and the cluster node, deleting the reg keys and reinstalling everything.

I haven't got to installing the Cluster Resources yet as I would like to resolve this issue 1st.

Anybody any advice about where I went wrong or the best way to fix it?

CSOSPs

3. moon-buddy

moon-buddy Moderator

Electronics Engineer, Security Professional
    Do you have three dsm.opt files - one for the cluster and one each for the nodes?

4. zsoltesz

zsoltesz New Member

Did you write the Clusternode YES option to the dsm.opt?

5. csops

csops New Member

Hi Guys,

Thanks for reply.

Yes I do have clusternode Yes is the opt file

and

I have 3 different opt files for the 2 cluster nodes and the cluster. The cluster dsm.opt file is stored on the cluster volume.

6. moon-buddy

moon-buddy Moderator

Electronics Engineer, Security Professional