Incorrect Node registered for Cluster

csops

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I registered a Cluster Node (Windows 2003) today to back up 2 cluster volumes. During the testing I was having difficulty logging into the WebClient. It wouldn't accept the password. Upon further inspection I noticed when I did a dsmc query session against the cluster dsm.opt file it would return the Node name of the active node of the cluster rather than the cluster name registered.

I have separate Schedule/CAD and Remote Agent services installed for local node and cluster.

The opt file has the correct node name and is registered in TSM properly.

Eg: Cluster Node = PRINTN2 and the Cluster Name = PRINTCL. This is what the dsm.opt contains and registered in TSM.

I installed the services correctly using the dsmcutil commands. I am only using the CAD for the webclient and everything seems to be installed correctly.

During troubleshooting I removed all the services and reinstalled, but alas no joy. I didn't delete the reg keys yet. I was thinking of removing the schedules for the local node and the cluster node, deleting the reg keys and reinstalling everything.

I haven't got to installing the Cluster Resources yet as I would like to resolve this issue 1st.

Anybody any advice about where I went wrong or the best way to fix it?

CSOSPs

Did you write the Clusternode YES option to the dsm.opt?

Hi Guys,

Thanks for reply.

Yes I do have clusternode Yes is the opt file

and

I have 3 different opt files for the 2 cluster nodes and the cluster. The cluster dsm.opt file is stored on the cluster volume.

Back