included path but didnt reflect on restore

Check both dsm.opt and dsm.sys to see where the domain statement with the minus in front are coming from. That's those you need are removing the filesystems you want to backup.

here is the other details

001 - is the cluster node
v1 - is the cluster package

001 dsm.opt - this is where i edit before the include options
1574849880150.png

this is there the output of dsm.opt under command dsmc query option optfile

1574850090208.png

so where should i edit my dsm.opt if they want to include or exclude path?

Attachments

• 1574850105999.png
    1574850105999.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 0
So, looks like you are using the wrong option file to do the backup as I mentioned much earlier in this thread. The default one has is removing the filesystems you want from the domain, but it must be setup that way for a reason. The other option file has what you want.

Specify the option file you want to use when you start the client:
dsmc -optfile={path/dsm.opt} incremental/ICODE]

So, looks like you are using the wrong option file to do the backup as I mentioned much earlier in this thread. The default one has is removing the filesystems you want from the domain, but it must be setup that way for a reason. The other option file has what you want.

Specify the option file you want to use when you start the client:
dsmc -optfile={path/dsm.opt} incremental/ICODE]

thank you. but for example i want to edit the dsm opt of the 001(CLUSTER node) where would i do it? and if i want to edit the dsm opt file of v1(Cluster Package) where would i do that as well?

also, they want to add the ff path below, but /db2export is already in dsm opt, do i need to input that still or no more since /db2export is already included and they are all under it.

/db2export/db2fenc1/housekeep/issr
/db2export/db2fenc1/housekeep/ch
/db2export/db2fenc1/housekeep/sm

thank you. but for example i want to edit the dsm opt of the 001(CLUSTER node) where would i do it? and if i want to edit the dsm opt file of v1(Cluster Package) where would i do that as well?
What do you mean? You use a text editor of your choice, open the file for editing.

also, they want to add the ff path below, but /db2export is already in dsm opt, do i need to input that still or no more since /db2export is already included and they are all under it.

/db2export/db2fenc1/housekeep/issr
/db2export/db2fenc1/housekeep/ch
/db2export/db2fenc1/housekeep/sm
You're getting ahead of yourself. You need to figure out and understand your option files first, you don't have a handle on that yet.

By default all files are included as long as the filesystem is part of the domain. Those paths were not backed up because you were using an option file the didn't have those filesystems. If you use the other option file, it should work.

It's typical to have 2 options files for a cluster. The opton file for the local machine normally has domain all-local, minus all the cluster filesystems. The cluster option file would just list the cluster filesystem under the domain option.

So when you backup the local disks, you use one option file, when you backup the cluster disks, you use the other option file.

hi,

so if i want to include a certain path, i will include it in dsm.opt?

but when it still dosent work?

ALL files are included by default, as long at the filesystem they are on is processed by the DOMAIN option. Re-read my last answer to you.

Back