Identify virtual volumes on target server by source server

mirrorsaw

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

We have a number of TSM 7 servers that migration all data into virtual volumes on a single destination server. We're slowing replacing the source servers with new builds and using container pools instead. I'm trying to work out the fastest way I can cull all of the virtual volumes belonging to the now-dead source servers, on the target server - therefore clearing tapes ready for re-use.

I can use Q CONTENT on the volumes to see the files instead, and therefore see the source server name, but it would take me forever to inspect the content on every volume to do this.

And obviously I could do the cull from the source server, simply running delete filespace on every filespace of every node, but again this would take an extremely long time.

I'd appreciate any suggestions, thanks!

On the target, have you tried running:
QUERY NODEDATA {SOURCE}

Been a while since I used virtual volumes, can't you delete them from the source server? They usually start with TARGET... And then do a reconcile virtualvolumes on the target. Might need to reduce the grade deletion period on the server definition to 0 for quicker deletion.

Back