1. Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to maintain high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers.
    They support this free information and knowledge exchange forum service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions

IBM v 7000 Monitoring

Discussion in 'SAN Technical Discussion' started by jimmytandon, Mar 2, 2015.

1. jimmytandon

jimmytandon Active Newcomer

Dear Team,

We have ibm v7000 san and i want to monitored this san using any opensource software

i have configured SNMP setting on this storage but when i am polling to managemnt software side its not responding

is there any way to confgiuring and monitoring this san using SNMP

Regards
    Ravi Tandon

3. lindgreen

lindgreen ADSM.ORG Member

Hi Ravi,

i Monitor 6 V7000 with Zabbix, here is a good link, how to set it up. The only hint may be that you need a admin user for the Monitoring User on the v7000:

http://code.google.com/p/svc-perf/source/browse/

The guy did really good work in my opinion, i run it now for 2 years without any problems! Probably this not what you look for, but it is worth a try...

Regards,
    Peter

4. jimmytandon

jimmytandon Active Newcomer

Dear Peter
    Thanks for reply do you have any installation or configuration file for implementing this code on Zabbix server

i have installed zabbix server, but how to import this code or script in zabbix

Regards
    Ravi Tandon

5. lindgreen

Hi Ravi,

look in the link above there is a readme file, named "INSTALL", there is a description, which steps to perform. I managed to do it with this small readme.

Here is also a screenshot. You can monitore every single volume and also a complete pool with the tool, it really nice.
    View attachment upload_2015-3-11_10-2-14.png

Best regards,
    Peter

6. Stephan

Stephan ADSM.ORG Senior Member

Senior Storage / System Administrator (UNIX)
    I know this is old, but for informational purposes...if you are looking to monitor IBM storage, take a look at stor2rrd. Hard to beat for a free tool.

7. lindgreen

In the meantime we also monitor all of our storage systems (not only IBM) with STOR2RRD, a really good monitoring solution..
    So we do it the same way as you descibed :)