1. Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.
    If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.
  2. Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)
    Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

IBM v 7000 Monitoring

Discussion in 'SAN Technical Discussion' started by jimmytandon, Mar 2, 2015.

1. jimmytandon

jimmytandon Active Newcomer

Dear Team,

We have ibm v7000 san and i want to monitored this san using any opensource software

i have configured SNMP setting on this storage but when i am polling to managemnt software side its not responding

is there any way to confgiuring and monitoring this san using SNMP

Regards
    Ravi Tandon

3. lindgreen

lindgreen ADSM.ORG Member

Hi Ravi,

i Monitor 6 V7000 with Zabbix, here is a good link, how to set it up. The only hint may be that you need a admin user for the Monitoring User on the v7000:

http://code.google.com/p/svc-perf/source/browse/

The guy did really good work in my opinion, i run it now for 2 years without any problems! Probably this not what you look for, but it is worth a try...

Regards,
    Peter

4. jimmytandon

jimmytandon Active Newcomer

Dear Peter
    Thanks for reply do you have any installation or configuration file for implementing this code on Zabbix server

i have installed zabbix server, but how to import this code or script in zabbix

Regards
    Ravi Tandon

5. lindgreen

Hi Ravi,

look in the link above there is a readme file, named "INSTALL", there is a description, which steps to perform. I managed to do it with this small readme.

Here is also a screenshot. You can monitore every single volume and also a complete pool with the tool, it really nice.
    View attachment upload_2015-3-11_10-2-14.png

Best regards,
    Peter

6. Stephan

Stephan ADSM.ORG Senior Member

Senior Storage / System Administrator (UNIX)
    I know this is old, but for informational purposes...if you are looking to monitor IBM storage, take a look at stor2rrd. Hard to beat for a free tool.

7. lindgreen

In the meantime we also monitor all of our storage systems (not only IBM) with STOR2RRD, a really good monitoring solution..
    So we do it the same way as you descibed :)