IBM TS7620 Replication and DR with SP

Rigido

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi,
we installed SP server on a AIX lpar and added a TS7620 VTL to the environment.
After that we set up ProtectTIER replication between two 7620 and all of the primary site cartdriges look synced on the remote site.
On the DR site we have SP server, VTL, volhistory, devconfig and it is time to test the configuration.

Is there someone that used ProtectTIER Replication and SP that want to share some info?

Thanks.

Hi Rigido
Yes I've set up a 2-node SP instance using DB2 HADR and VTL ProtecTIER that uses replication.
This 2 x SP nodes use AIX 7.2 and 2 x V7000 disks (one each side) ..

Your questions (?)

//Nicke

Hi Nicke,
thank you for yiour quick response!
We don't have any "HA" solution, just a stand-by DR site that rely on PT Replication (for SP database and nodes data), steps to restore the environment are (almost) clear.

I just need to test DR solution, so I have to stop PT Replication between sites, move DR cartridges from Shelf to DR VTL, perform SP DB restore and access clients backup data (so I will just read from cartridges), the question is:
What will happen with PT Replication once DR test finishes?

Thank you.

Hi,

Ok that should work good and I've seen it working when we have fail-over the PT Replication to the "DR" site and back again.

//Nicke

Thank you Nicke, so I just have to test it and see what happens :)

Hello Rigido,
How was your test, would you share some info, i need to test it too.
Thank you

Ciao Markino,
we didn't test yet, busy at work, but Nicke wrote he saw it working...so I'm confident.

Good luck with your ProtecTIER fail-over testing, markino87 & Rigido
//Nicke

Back