IBM ISP for VE 8.1.7

pshedlock

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
After upgrading to 8.1.7 on Windows 2016, my scheduler service hangs every night. All VMs backup successfully, but he final concurrent 15 VMs that backup, the sessions do not clean up and i am left with hung sessions. It does even clean up the snapshots properly. I have to stop the scheduler service and restart the cad service.

I have same version running at a smaller data center without this issue, and even the same instance runs at 2100 and finishes, but then when it launches at 2130, it fails to finish properly.

I have also removed the managed schedule service option from the cad, and ran directly as a scheduled service to same effect.

I received a private message, this is a known bug in version 8.1.7 with a documented APAR and temporary fix until IBM releases a patch fix. Thanks for help

So I'm the one who reached out to pshedlock as their situation was exactly what I ran into shortly after release of 8.1.7 for TDP4VE.

So I'm not sure how the mods feel about posting the apar's or work arounds that involve test flags. If the leadership of these forums say's its OK I will gladly post the information I sent to pshedlock.

Had the same issue with 8.1.7. There's another bug with Vcenter plugin...

Back