IBM DS4100 help

pcphenom

Newcomer
Reaction score
Not sure if I'm in the right place as this forum seems more Tivoli geared but here I go.

I'm the new administrator here (3 months) and I just had the server that connects to an IBM DS4100 crash, and crash hard. It is dead despite all my powers.
So I've moved the fiber cards to a new (old) system and have OS installed but nowhere does anyone have the Storage Manager software that came with this old beast 10 years ago.

I'm reaching out to see if someone has this disc (as IBM won't help me, they system isn't supported anymore and no possible way to buy support on it; hence I can't download it from their site) or might be willing to log in with their IBM account and download it for me.
OR...if there is some other way to get to the data on this DS4100 I would appreciate it. I've managed to assign an IP to the NIC on one of the controllers in hopes of using microsofts storage manager for SAN's with no luck there.

Any suggestions on where else I can look for help with this or how to get to this data would be very helpful.

If I'm simply not even close to the right place please disregard this.

See this link.

I cannot find a DS4100 specific folder but saw 4700. See if there are tools inside this folder as the DS4700 Storage Manager should also work with the DS4100.

Explore the link above.

Good Luck!

Back