• Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to serve you with this high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers you are currently using at ADSM.ORG.
    They support this free flow of information and knowledge exchange service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions
  • Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.

If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.

• Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)

Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

I can't find the volumes in library

Mahesh

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi all,

My tape volumes are inside the TSM library but when I am doing "q libvol" I am
not getting some volumes in the list, But i am getting volumes in "q vol". But when i run "q libvol" i am not getting. When i check tape library in GUI. There is volumes. Which volumes are missed in "q libvol" those volumes shows.
Device Estimated Pct Volume
Class Name Capacity Util Status
---------- --------- ----- --------
TAPE 0.0 M 0.0 Empty

Some volumes shows capcity. i am trying to make them scratch but couldn't find in the library.

Please help out this.

How get this volumes.

Thanks in advance.

regards,

Mahesh V

marclant

ADSM.ORG Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.ibm.com
Some volumes shows capcity. i am trying to make them scratch but couldn't find in the library.
That will happen automatically with reclamation.

not getting some volumes in the list, But i am getting volumes in "q vol". But when i run "q libvol" i am not getting. When i check tape library in GUI. There is volumes. Which volumes are missed in "q libvol" those volumes shows.
If they do not show in Q LIBV, they are not checked in. Try this:
Code:
audit library {library name} checklabel=barcode
The audit is just to make sure that TSM is aware of where each volume is in the library. Once the audit is complete, checkin volumes that are in the library, but not checked in:
Code:
checkin libvolume {library name} search=yes status=scratch
Once the above completed, do:
Code:
checkin libvolume {library name} search=yes status=private
Once both checkin processes have completed, recheck "q libv" for the volumes.

Mahesh

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi ,

Thanks for giving me your suggestions. I will let you know the result.

Just let me know if any effect by running "audit library" please let me know

Thanks once again

marclant

ADSM.ORG Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.ibm.com
Just let me know if any effect by running "audit library" please let me know
You can run HELP AUDIT LIBRARY for more details on what the command does. The short version, it ensure that TSM's tape inventory matches what is physically in the library as far as which tape is in which slot. So that when you do the checkins, you won't be missing any misplaced tapes if there are any.https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSGSG7_7.1.3/srv.reference/r_cmd_library_audit.html

Mahesh

Newcomer
Reaction score
You can run HELP AUDIT LIBRARY for more details on what the command does. The short version, it ensure that TSM's tape inventory matches what is physically in the library as far as which tape is in which slot. So that when you do the checkins, you won't be missing any misplaced tapes if there are any.
Thank you so much

Advertise at ADSM.ORG

If you are reading this, so are your potential customer. Advertise at ADSM.ORG right now.

DigitalOcean $100 Credit

Support ADSM.ORG and get DigitalOcean FREE credit. DigitalOcean currently offer a $100, 60-day Free Credit for new accounts. Sign-up here:

DigitalOcean Referral Badge

The Spectrum Protect TLA (Three-Letter Acronym): ISP or something else?

• Every product needs a TLA, Let's call it ISP (IBM Spectrum Protect).

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • Keep using TSM for Spectrum Protect.

Votes: 65 60.7%
  • Let's be formal and just say Spectrum Protect

Votes: 13 12.1%
  • Other (please comement)

Votes: 9 8.4%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
london