HSM setup for window client on a cluster

jbautista

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Please bear with me on this one as this is my first time to setup HSM.
I have a window server client on a cluster which was set up to do a forever daily incremental backup on TSM from day 1. Everything is working fine. Now the customer wants to setup an HSM because they are running out of space on their SAN for their production data. I read thru the manual on how to do the set-up but I noticed that there is an option to do a full incremental back up before doing the HSM migration. Now the following are my worries and questions:
1. Do I still need to do the full incremental backup even if I'm already doing a daily incremental from day 1?
2. Currently only the production data (coming from SAN) are the ones that are being backup by TSM not the local disks on both nodes. This may sound weird but its a customer request. For HSM purposes should I include the local disk?
3. How many dsm.opt files do i need if I want this HSM set up.
4. Lastly, does anyone here in the forum has a cookbook or set up procedure for HSM on windows cluster who is willing to share because the redbooks i'm using doesnt really discuss the step by step procedure.

current config:
1. TSM SERVER - TSM 5.5 on AIX 5.3 ml 10

2. Windows SERVER - WINDOWS 2K3 on a cluster with 2 nodes (active-stanby mode)

3. Production data being backup to TSM are combination of flat files and jpgs.

Thanks in advance for the suggestion and help.

Back