HSM for Windows tmp directory

tmcquaig

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
www.thesystemsengineer.com
Does anyone know how to specify the HSM for windows tmp directory to be in a different place?

Currently it is "C:\Program Files\Tivoli\Tsm\hsmclient\tmp" and this is causing me some problems.

When copying a stub to a mapped drive or unc path the original data is retrieved to the tmp directory. This is a problem for me as I need to move some 40 GB files and only have 4 GB free on my C: parition. I also only have about 30 GB free on the parition that holds the 40 GB file's stub.

I'm having to free up space on the parition that holds the stubs to retrieve the files manaully with the gui and then copy those files off. Then I am using Attribute Magic to set the access time back to what is was and then remigrate that file off. If to free up space I moved important files I move them back at this time.

I have the ability to assign enough space for my biggest file but only as a new partition. If I could use this for the tmp directory then I could easily copy the files from stub source to remote location.

Back