HSM for Windows and OFFLINE FILES?

rwhtmv

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Testing HSM 5.5. on windows server, but want to know if anyone out there usese OFFLINE FILES and HSM in same environment.

Here is my question:

Users have offline files set up to synch their my docs to their user folder on file server. When they undock and leave the domain does their my docs folder have HSM stubs or full version of the files? In other words, does Windows synch the stubs from the server to their laptop, or keep full file version on there for offline access?

Thanks,
Rod

Am I the ONLY person using HSM in the world????

I have posted 5 times in the last year, with NO replies to any of the different topics. Does ANYONE use HSM for Windows? Just nod your head, especially if you also utilize offline files on your laptops.

Rod

HSM and My Docs

If the users have their data on the share (My Docs) and not on their laptops, then the files that may have been migrated by HSM will only be stub files.
I'm not sure if that was what you were talking about, but I think it is. Let me know if this answers your question or not.

There are some of us out here using HSM. Mine is on AIX, so there are a few differences with a Windows version, but the concept should be the same.

Rick

Back