How to tell how many licenses I'm using

dwjongbloed

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Is there a way in TSM to find out how many licenses I am currently using and how many I am licensed for?

Why does IBM have to make things so dang complicated.

do a q license - it will tell you how many are active within TSM. Then you get the lucky job to validate this against your procurement person or the lucky one who manages software licenses at your end.
You may end up calling your Tivoli software rep as well to see what is on contract.
You can also go to your Entitlement page within your support area and it should also help you there as well.

Good luck

I did a q lic and it doesn't tell me much of anything. It says I am using 2 "Number of TDP for Lotus Domino in use".

I am running version 5.4 of TSM if that makes any difference.

I think new licensing system changed. 'Number of licenses used' depends 'number of CPU's'...that means if you have 10 clients with 3 CPU's for 5 clients and 4 CPU's for another 5 clients. number licenses would be 3*5+4*5=35.

it's not more deep than that,

I want to say does the licenses are associated on the "Core" level,
for example if you have a a client with on physical proc but dual core
you have to buy 2 licenses

corrrect me if I am wrong

Ouch my head hurts

Ouch my head hurts, after reading this link page and now I can see the nigthmare it's going to be to chase the complete inventory of my core and do the math. Personnaly I was hoping for a nice querry that would let TSM report how many node it has registered and core it detected from the ba client.

Anyone has an easy tool that can scan the network and report the system name and number of core it has? With Oxley hitting us hard I love trying to get evrything cosher.

Just hint to IBM that you think all of the servers you thought were virtual are in fact standalone, and in a few days, there'll be a team of lawyers at your door demanding to do your audit for you.

:)

Back