How to specify TSM Servers in Different Subnets in the same dsm.opt file in Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandgmenon

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am new to TSM and just starting to work on tsm6.2. I am using Administrative Client in my Windows LAPTOP to connect to TSM Servers.

I am not able to connect to any TSM Servers if i am specifying TSM Servers from different subnets in the dsm.opt file.

Kindly help me in finding a solution for this....

Hi,

in Windows world dsm.opt file can contain only one server stanza. If you need to connect to multiple TSM servers, create xyz.opt file for each one and then use "dsmadmc -optfile=XYZ.opt"
OR
use "dsmadmc -tcpserveraddress=IP1"

Harry

Hi Harry,

Thanks alot for the update. does this hold good for admin clients in Unix platforms as well???

Hi,

in Windows world dsm.opt file can contain only one server stanza. If you need to connect to multiple TSM servers, create xyz.opt file for each one and then use "dsmadmc -optfile=XYZ.opt"
OR
use "dsmadmc -tcpserveraddress=IP1"

Harry

Hi,

no, UNIX world is slightly different. For Unix client create one dsm.sys with multiple server stanzas. Then create multiple XYZ.opt files containing only the "servername XYZ" line pointing to the corresponding stanza. Rest is the same - "dsmadmc -optfile=XYZ.opt"
For unknown reason the second variant (-tcpserveraddress=.....) is not present in the UNIX client ...

Harry

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back