How to send end-of-process notification from TSM 7.1 to zOS

herveymtz

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
We are converting from zOS TSM 5.5 into TSM 7.1 under zLinux/VM. Under zos, we have a DR script that we run and display a msg to the joblog when this script is finished; automation then acted upon this msg and ran some batch jobs.

We plan on running this same script but need to send some type of notification when the process ends so that we can run the zOS batch processes.

Any idea how to do that?

Since you will be moving TSM from zOS to zLinux, there is not mechanism within zLinux to talk directly to zOS.

On way to so this is through Middleware like MQSeries, or through simple SFTP/FTP.

On the second option, zLinux will send an FTP data to zOS with an identifiable marker. The marker will then be picked up by a JCL job which signals the mainframe to start its process.

Ok, how would I send an FTP file? Forgot to mention, I'm working within the confines of the OC in TSM.

Ok, how would I send an FTP file? Forgot to mention, I'm working within the confines of the OC in TSM.

That would be a challenge!

To send an FTP file, scripts will have to be made outside of TSM - within the zLinux (OS level) realm. TSM cannot trigger a SFTP/FTP event.

Back