How to Restore Exchange 2003 Mailboxes into Exchange 2007 with TSM

Fixxxer

Newcomer
Reaction score
As the title suggests, im having issues restoring data, i upgrading to exchange 2007 a few months ago, i now have the need to restore an exisiting users mailbox from before the migration.

The old exchange 2003 servers have been decomissioned, how can i restore and old storage group into ex2007, the old storage group names and DB names no longer exist also.

Any help pointing me the right direction would be great, Thanks

no way

hi,

i don't think it is possible. I couldn't restore db of MSSQL if it has different version of MSSQL server 2003.

install new exchange server 2003 than export your mails for import to exchange 2007.

sorry ;o)

also tried it and that's not possible.

as ordan mentioned you have to install a exch2003 server and restore the mbx there....

This is a MS issue. The basic guideline: restore only on the SAME version. Sometimes even if the version is the same but the source has been patched and the target has not been patched, the restore fails.

Get a real system, I always say...but this is my two cents...

I have used a product called Power Controls by Ontract to perform this action. It has saved me from having to keep old exchange 5.5/2003 servers laying around.

Thanks

Thanks for the the info, i was affraid this would be the case.

I will however investigate this Power Controls tool before i build a 2003 box.

i guess commvault is looking more and more attractive :)

Back