How-to: Recreate ANR9999D?

TaSMania

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I remembered I would get ANR9999 just by deleting filespace too fast, too many or one that is already deleted. I'm trying to recreate any thing to get alerted ANR9999 but unable.
Anyone know a mistyped command or anything that would get an alert ANR999?

LOL.

Search through old APARs, check the symptoms, and install one of those older versions with the issue and recreate the problem documented in the APAR.

I can create ANR9999 by shutting down a server, but that's not what I want to do. I want to create it without harming production.

hallo TaSMania,

following you will find "the solution for a simulation":

if you only would like to "provoke" an ANR9999D diagnostic message then please try to enter "show duplicate" in an DSMADMC session and check
afterwards with q act...... the messages:

the result: you will see the ANR9999D messages..

By the way: if want to see even more diagnostic information, you can enter "set context on" in the TSM Server and you will see the context report in addition in the ANR9999D output if you enter "show duplicate" again.

You can check the contextmessaging parameter setting in "Q STATUS".

hope this helps.- Enjoy!

I use this always in my TSM classes to explain ANR9999D messages.

rgds Michael

What does SHOW DUPLICATE do, not in my TSM hand book. Want to make sure it doesn't query my server and hang.
Also why would it spit out ANR9999 message with Show Dup?

Hallo again.
I understand...
But you don't have to "worry" with this command! of course nothing in this world is 100 % sure. But i can assure you: i used this command a 100 times or more without any problem. If you have a test TSM system try it there first to assure yourself.

And it does not matter of you have dedup activated or not.

Show commands are commands developed by TSM to provide additional infos about "TSM".
They are in general very useful: see my home site for an overview: http://www.mm-it.at/de/TSM_Show_Commands.html

They are not officially supported, but if you look e.g. to the official TSM Problem Determination Guide, you will find that IBM is mentioning a lot of these SHOW commands!!!

try it..

and pls let me / us know the result.

thanks again and enjoy again...
michael

cool Thanks, it worked. Now I could ruled out that my acknowledgement works.

Edited: Just what I'm looking for.

Back