1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

How to rebuild an expired archive copy tape tsm

Discussion in 'Restore / Recovery Discussion' started by AIDE-TSM, Nov 28, 2012.

1. AIDE-TSM

AIDE-TSM New Member

HI, Can you help me : I archived some files on a tape type SDLT vol 000101 this was copied on volume 000102.
    But by mistake the node was deleted. The tapes were deleted became scratch for the TSM. It happened 6monts ago.
    I realise only now. The volume 000101 was reused by the server TSM. But I am still having the copy volume. The server sees as a scratch volume.
    How I can restore the data from the copy .
    I need your help.

3. moon-buddy

moon-buddy Moderator

Electronics Engineer, Security Professional
    Only one option: restore the TSM DB that was part of these tapes.

If you don't have the DB tape from 6 months ago - there is no way to restore.

You can try third party service providers to try recovering the data from the copy tape.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  4. hogmaster

hogmaster Senior Member

Storage engineer
    moon_buddy is right the tape can newer be used by tsm to retrieve the files. If the tape is not encrypted the data can be read directly from the tape and then you can put thenm on a server and archive the files again.
    What is the business value of this data? Is it need to have or nice to have data?