how to promote copy storage pool as primary storage pool in tsm ?

CSSwa

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi All ,

I need a help . can any one tell me how can i promote copy storage pool as primary storage pool ?

Thank in advance for your help!
CSSwa

You cannot under normal circumstances.

You need to define a primary pool first and then a copy pool. So the copy cannot behave as primary pool thus, there is no promote command.

The only way you can "promote" (the term used loosely here) is in a DR scenario were in you bring up a new TSM server, do the recovery plan and, lo and behold, the copy pool will be the primary pool. I suspect this is NOT what you wanted.

Last edited:
the copy pool will be the primary pool
Will it? I thought it marked the primary damaged and used the copy to perform restores since the primary is unavailable. So you end up being able to use the copy to either restore the primary pools or restore client data, but you cannot backup client data to it, it's still a copy pool.

Will it? I thought it marked the primary damaged and used the copy to perform restores since the primary is unavailable. So you end up being able to use the copy to either restore the primary pools or restore client data, but you cannot backup client data to it, it's still a copy pool.

You can but this is not supported

Back