how to move DRM media that is in vault status

jamesmacd40

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi all

i am trying to run a restore stgpool against a seq access disk pool, and when i run it with preview=yes, it outputs a bunch of tape volumes that are currently in vault status.

I need to bring those tapes back to run the restore stgpool, but because i cannot issue a move drm from vault to onsite, i am not sure what i need to do

i think i need to issue a checkin libvol libraryname volumename search=??? status=private checklabel=???

then after that, i am not sure if i have to do anything from the DRM side or what not

any suggestions?

Hello,
you do not need to run any DRM command -
just take the tapes, put them in the library and check them in as private (they have data)
"search" should be "yes" (if tapes are put in internal slots) or "bulk" if tapes are put in mailslots (input/output slots) - in that case (bulk) you need to check for requests (q request) and confirm it (reply <request_number>) when the tapes are ready in the mailslot.
Checklabel should be "barcode" - I suppose all the libraries today have barcode readers and you have your tapes with barcodes.
Then update the access of these volumes to "readwrite" (or "readonly" atleast) - vault tapes have access mode set to "offsite".
With access updated this way DRM status of the volumes change to "mountable".

Hope it helps

Harry

Back