How to Migrate/Upgrade TSM 5.5 Windows to 7.1 AIX Migration

iiXamOii

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello Everyone.

i have a TSM 5.5 on Windows 2003 R2 and Dell Library. i need to upgrade existing TSM to Spectrum Protect 8.1.3 AIX OS. i need to know it this possible or if yes then please elaborate the steps i know 5.5 Windows to 8.1 AIX is not possible i have to upgrade it to 7.1 first than move to 8.1. please help me Thanks.

Depending on the version of the server, and the operating systems that are involved in the migration, different
migration methods are available:
• Tivoli Storage Manager V5 servers on IBM z/OS ® systems can be migrated to IBM AIX® or Linux on
System z® as part of an upgrade to V6.3.0, V7.1.0, or later.
• Tivoli Storage Manager V5 servers on AIX, HP-UX, and Solaris operating systems can be migrated to
Linux x86_64 as part of an upgrade to V6.3.4, V7.1.0, or later.
• V6.3 or V7.1 servers can be migrated by using node replication to move one or more nodes to another
server on any supported operating system.
• Any server version can be migrated by using export and import

source: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/...b3e&file=5d444a6d-651a-482e-b687-2fcd87e7f1ce

well if there is any guide of step by step migration from Windows to AIX that would be very helpful actually the material which is shared is not quite helpful for migration. i have search over internet but didn't get any guide or IBM document.

I'm not aware of any documentation to that effect.

Using the manual though, you will need to find steps to do the following:
- setup server-to-server communication between the source and target servers
- using the EXPORT SERVER command, export all the policies, nodes and data from the source to the target.

You can do the export in a few ways:
- EXPORT SERVER first to export the policies and node definitions
- then use EXPORT NODE to export groups of nodes one or many at a time.

Back